Thursday, 10 August 2017

Lyd&Liv: 1 product 2 looks, Violet Voss Holy Grail

Hello everyone, I hope you're well.
Today I have another collaboration blogpost for you with the lovely Olivia from Livvyandallthingsbeauty. We had so much fun working together on our last posts that we decided to work together again and bring you these posts today. We want to start doing a series on our blogs called '1 product 2 looks' where we focus on one product for the post but do 2 completely different looks tailored to our personalities and styles to show a range of ways a product can be used.




The product we decided to focus on today is the Violet Voss Holy Grail palette which I recently bought and did a first impressions on which you can read here. Olivia hadn't tried this palette yet and I loved it so much that I knew we had to choose it for our first blogpost of this series. I decided to go for a wearable pink/purple on myself with some dark tones and a bit of sparkle whilst Olivia did a wearable red with brows and golds incorporated in. We were both very happy with how the looks came out and they were so different that we couldn't wait to share them with you. Make sure you head on over to her blog after reading this to see another wearable look using this palette, now lets get into the makeup!

1. Eyes:
Now I'm normally a person who does their base first then the eyes after but thats usually because I do the same makeup look everyday and I don't need to worry about mistakes or fall down, but for this look I knew I wanted to step out of my comfort zone. By doing my eyes first it meant any mistakes could be fixed without ruining the base and I used a lot of shadows for the look and so fall down was bound to occur. If you are trying out a look for the first time I would definitely recommend doing this as mistakes can easily be fixed! All shadows used in this look were from the Violet Voss Holy Grail palette.



1. Base: Using a base was essential for this look as I was using bright colours and I wanted them to stand out so I used MAC painterly paint pot all over the lid and up to the brow bone.
2. Base: I then set the base with Thanks a Latte all over the lid.
3. Crease: I then mixed transition and bestie together and blended these into the crease.
4. Crease and outer corner: In the crease and outer third of the eye I used wine n dine which applies pink compared to the red it seems in the pan and then blended well to remove any harsh lines of colour.
5. Crease and outer: To get the perfect look I suggest applying little of this shadow at a time until you get the colour you want. Blending is extremely important to this look.
6. Crease and outer: Using teddy bear blend this colour into where the wine n dine was applied to create a darker more purple look. I focused teddy bear more on the outer corner of the lid to deepen the look and give a more smokey effect.
7. Lid: Using Fix plus spray on the brush I applied cool beans to the lid and blended it out focusing more on the middle and inner corner of the lid.
8. Inner corner: I applied a bit of Crystal into the inner corner to brighten the blended that back into he cool beans to stop any harsh transition lines. 
9. Lower lash line: In the lower lash line I used wine n dine and Cranberry splash and blended it across.
10. Details: As the eyes were the focus of the look I applied a thin wing using Kat Von D tattoo liner and then applied some Ardell Wispies lashes. 

Face:
For the face I kept it pretty basic and natural as the eyes were so heavy, I stuck with a subtle contour and a rosy blush to give a pop of colour. I filled in my brows fairly heavy to match the heavy eyes but I kept the lips simple with a nude liner and light pink gloss to add a bit of shine. 




1. Primer: Using benefit Pore fessional I applied this over my nose and cheeks then on the forehead where I notice the most pores. 
2. Base: I then applied the Arbonne perfecting liquid foundation in shades alabaster and fair and used a beauty blender to tap it into my skin. For concealer I used the Arbonne liquid concealer in fair and applied it to my under eyes, centre of my chin and then the middle of my forehead to give a natural highlight. To set all this I used the Arbonne setting pretty powder and lightly dusted it all over my face.
3. Contour and bronze: I used the ABH contour kit to contour and applied the two highest browns to the edges of my forehead and just under my cheekbones. I then used Hoola bronzer to set this and lightly bronze the rest of my face. 
4. Blush and highlight: Using benefits rockateur I applied this to the apples of my cheeks for a natural flush and on the top of the cheekbones applied MAC soft and gentle highlight. 
5. Brows: For my brows I filled out the shape using the revlon colour stay eyebrow pencil and then set them using benefit gimme brow. 
6. Lips: For the lips I kept them very basic by lining them with MAC nice n spicy and then filled out the rest of my lip using that. I then lightly applied some revlon colour burst lip gloss in pink ice in the centre of my lip to give a pouty affect. 

I really enjoyed working on another post with Olivia and we are both very excited to start this series and show you different looks using the same products. In the future we look to do lip colours and glitters or pigments so if there are any products you would like to see them please make sure to let me or Olivia know. As I have mentioned before Olivia also created a look based on this palette and she did such an amazing job so make sure you go and check out her blog and see how she used this palette very differently to me. 

Olivia's makeup instagram: https://www.instagram.com/makeupbyoliviajm_/

Thank you for reading
Lots of Love
Lydia<3

Don't forget to follow me/contact me on:


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig