Thursday 11 June 2015

Diorskin Star foundation review

Diorskin Star Foundation review

Hello everyone, I hope you are ok and are looking forward to the summer. I just finished all my exams and I'm off for two and a half months so i am back to blogging and i have a few exciting post planned. In the UK most year 11's are finishing exams and are looking forward to prom after a very stressful few months, i am one of them and recently i went into my local shopping centre to get a few bits for my prom and for a bit of retail therapy which ended up in me buying myself a new foundation, whoops! This foundation has been very popular recently and i do believe it won the award for best foundation this year so i was very excited to try it out.

The foundation i got was the Diorskin star foundation. It was £32.50 which is the most expensive makeup product i have ever owned and i bought it from John Lewis. When i went i didn't expect to buy it that day because with it being so expensive i wanted to make sure i was certain i wanted it and the shade was perfect. I had a lovely lady who used a small devise to match my skin to a foundation colour and i got the shade 010 ivory which is the palest. I asked her to try it on my skin and this is very important to do before you pay for such an expensive product and i instantly loved it however I already had a bit of makeup on so i couldn't tell straightaway whether it was going to look right on my skin but i decided to take the risk and buy it.


It gives a medium to full coverage depending on how much you build it up but is still very light on the face and i can barely feel it on my skin. It's has a very luxurious feeling and makes my skin feel great and sort of silky feeling after applying.  It is a brightening foundation and i can honestly say it gives my face the perfect glow without making me look shiny, i have fairly oily skin at the moment so I'm always a bit wary of luminating foundations but this was fine. I wore it on my birthday and i got many compliments on my makeup, it was fairly hot on the day and i thought i was going to look shiny in photos because of the foundation being illuminating but the pictures came out great and I've never been so happy with the look of my skin. I absolutely love the packaging and i think its very glamorous and sleek looking, it comes with a pump so is very hygienic and is a fairly good size for travelling. 

After a few hours i did notice that the foundation started to come off around my nose and around my chin so i think you would definitely have to powder any oily patches well or it may need a top up throughout the day but apart from that i haven't had any problems with it so far. I do recommend being careful with this product because the glass would be very easy to break and for an expensive product i wouldn't want that happening, so when I'm travelling and i want to take it i put it in my makeup bag with something soft so its not likely to smash and break. Overall this has become one of my favourite foundations and i will definitely repurchase and i look forward to wearing it on my prom day.







Thank you for reading
Lots of Love
Lydia<3
For more beauty stuff and updates don't forget to follow me on:
Instagram: lydiakashley99
Twitter: lydiakashley99


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig