Thursday 24 July 2014

What's in my 'plane beauty essentials' bag

What's in my 'plane beauty essentials' bag
Travel with Lydia 2

On a long flight i feel my skin gets extremely dry and i sometimes even breakout because of the humidity levels and air pressure, i also think you don't want to be wearing makeup on the flight if you can help it so the makeup wont clog up your pores. I don't know about you though but i always want to look 'average when i get off the plane especially if your meeting someone so i always take some spare makeup to apply at the end of the flight. This post will show you what makeup, skincare and other beauty bits i take on with me.

The makeup bag i take is this double-sided clear sectioned bag from primark. It has two clear sections either side which both zip close and was around £2-£3 It folds together with the metal fastner and has a pretty floral pattern on the front which you can see clearer on my previous blogppost: click here
 This is a really practical bag because with the clear wallets i can put it through security without having to take the liquid products out and putting it in a plastic bag. It is also quite small so fits very nicely in a bag. One side i use for makeup and the other for skincare this is really handy so i know which part everything is in and what product i need.




My first section would hold all my skincare stuff and these are the type of things i take. Of course on the plane you wont have all your big cleansers and face washes so i always make sure to take some nice makeup wipes with me to freshen up and remove the old makeup. I never wear foundation on the plane so i don't worry to much about making sure my makeup is completely off so makeup wipes are fine. After taking my makeup off i use a moisturiser, the one i use now is the Liz Earle skin repair light moisturiser for combination to oily skin. I really like this product because the small tube is suitable for travel and the moisturiser it self is very light weight and doesn't feel heavy on my skin. Sometimes if I'm feeling like it i may put some eye patches on before my moisturiser to reduce puffiness and cool my under eyes. I use the skin lite eye patches and i got them from home bargain in Liverpool. I really like them because they are cooling and make my under eyes feel very soft and refreshed. last but not least i also make sure to have a hand cream with me, i get really dry hands and always make sure to apply it during the flight. I have the small Nivea smooth nourishing hand cream which is great for the price of around £2 and is a great travel size.

In the next section would be makeup. Concealer is my angel when it comes to a long flight, i find it hard to sleep on planes so when i come to get off i apply some concealer to brighten my face up a bit. For this flight I'm using the Rimmel wake me up concealer because its a light coverage concealer but brightens my under eyes at the same time. Powder is also important for me just to slightly even out my skin tone. I'm using the Rimmel clear complexion because again is light coverage and has added minerals in which will help my skin after a long flight which may have caused some problems to my skin. A few brushes are also added in to apply these products.


The other makeup i take would be mascara because a small amount of mascara brightens the face immediately. I use the Benefit they're real mascara because it adds extra length and will make me seem more awake. I also think eyebrows are very important to help the face awaken so i take me maybelline master shape eyebrow pencil and very softly fill them in. This product is great because its a waxy formula and with a small amount looks very natural. It also has a little brush on the end to comb through your eyebrows with so is very travel friendly. The last things i will take are some lip gloss and lip-balm. I apply the lip-balm all through the flight to keep my Lips moisturised and the Vaseline rosy lips one is great to add a bit of colour and is very moisturisng. My lip-gloss i use for the end of the flight when the plane is ready to land, i use the Revlon colourburst lip-gloss in strawberry to add a bit of sparkle to my lips and make my makeup seem a little more put together.

This is what i take beauty wise on the plane with me, not everyone take these items but its just what i like to use. I hope this helps anyone looking to take a beauty essentials pack on a long flight or journey with them. I would love to know what you take on the plane and am always looking for recommendations.

Thank you for reading 
Lots of Love
Lydia<3
For more beauty stuff and updates don't forget to follow me on:
Twitter: lydiakashley99

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig